Top Online Marketing Tools
On my resources page, I want to share with you the list of top online marketing tools I personally use for my business. Most of these tools are not only indispensable for me but for many other renown affiliate marketers such as Pat Flynn, Brian Dean and so many more gurus.
However, if you are new to affiliate marketing, I have a recommended Starter Package for you to kickstart your business. My tools aren’t the ones that will make or break your business. That totally depends on your hard work. However, these tools will make your marketing way much easier and very efficient. Think of these tools as an investment on your blog.
For every business, without the proper tools, you’ll just be pushing a wall. I hope my List will give you all the inspiration you need for your success online.
Disclaimer: Some of the tools in this post contain affiliate links. If you chose to make a purchase from this blog, I will in turn earn a commission. The commission comes at no cost to you and it helps me run my site. All these recommendations are solely based on my own personal experience. I wouldn’t recommend something that I haven’t tried and tested. Read my disclosure for full info.
Are your funds stretched? Is your budget tight? Don’t worry, I also try to keep my expenditures as minimal as possible in my business. For all the tools that I spend money on, I will document my expenditure so that you can make a rough estimate of how much it costs to run an online business.
Without further ado, let’s delve right in to the top affiliate marketing tools.
Top Affiliate Marketing Tools
For starters, before you venture into affiliate marketing, you need the following:
- A Website: This is your avenue where you connect buyers and sellers
- Training: There’s a lot of scattered misinformation on the web and the only way for you to succeed is if you get actual solid training of what you are doing
- Keyword Research Tool: Without Keyword Research, you may write killer articles but they just might never see the light of day.
- Affiliate Networks: You need to join affiliate networks so that you can get products to promote and earn commissions.
So here comes my killer list *drumrolls*
- SiteRubix: SiteRubix offers website hosting and website building services. You can now build your own WordPress websites in under 5 minutes. You don’t need any prior coding experience. I’m a big fan of SiteRubix because, they have a really dependent support team and they respond to queries in minutes. They have a lot of amazing tools which are absolutely free. Some of the killer SiteRubix tools are SiteSpeed, SiteSSL, SiteHealth and SiteProtection. The purpose of these tools is to secure your site, speed it up, measure up your site’s health in search engines and protect your site from spam.
Hosting with SiteRubix costs $13.99 per year. You also get two free subdomain websites using SiteRubix
- Affiliate Marketing Training: Which is the best training you ask? Wealthy Affiliate. Period! If you want to mark your online presence, this is the best place I’d recommend you to start from. It’s the exact same place I started from while I was looking for ways to make money online.
With Wealthy Affiliate, you get amazing benefits such as:
- Step by Step Training
- Tools such as SiteRubix, Jaaxy, Website Manager etc
- Technical support both from members and founders of WA
- Amazing Help and Support from the WA community
My expenditure on WA
WA Membership costs $49/mo or $359/year. I’m an active Premium Member
You can also build your Free Starter Account Here
- Keyword Research Tool: Another awesome tool from the Co-founders of Wealthy Affiliate. Jaaxy is a premium keyword research tool. However, as a Premium Wealthy Affiliate Member, Jaaxy Lite is integrated within your Wealthy Affiliate Dashboard.
My Expenditure on Jaaxy
$0. As a premium Wealthy Affiliate Member, I get Jaaxy Lite For free. However Jaaxy Pro costs $49/mo and Jaaxy enterprise costs $99/mo
Free Alternative: Check out Google Keyword Planner
This is a free keyword research tool offered by Google. To use it, you need a Google Adsense account. The advantage of Google Keyword Planner is that it’s a tool from Google and will therefore always be accurate. The downside is that it doesn’t give specific numbers but instead gives rough estimates and as advanced affiliate marketers know, that’s bad for business.
- Affiliate Networks. It’s in Affiliate Networks where you find products to promote on your site. It’s absolutely free to join affiliate networks. My recommended affiliate networks are:
Read more about my recommended affiliate networks here.
Thrive Themes is a company created by Shane Melaugh. It focuses on creating conversion focused WordPress Themes and Plugins.
I tried some free WordPress themes. They worked for me at first but I didn’t create the visually appealing content I wanted so that’s why I opted for Thrive Themes. To acquire Thrive Products, you can do either one of the following.
- Purchase the license for the individual products
- Sign up for Thrive Themes membership
My Expenditure on Thrive Themes
I opted for the annual Thrive Themes membership which came down to $228/year
Individual products are $49 or $67 per product license.
Thrive Themes Plugins Include:
- Thrive Architect: Allows you to edit your webpages real time. You can see how your webpage looks during construction, something the WordPress Dashboard doesn’t support. It also allows you to integrate beautiful features and Call to Actions to your texts. This is literally impossible in the WP editor.
- Thrive Leads: Allows you to create opt in forms for your site for maximum conversions.
- Thrive Landing Pages: It has over 150 landing pages available and more templates are added constantly by the day. Here you can build sales pages, review pages, webinar and podcast registration pages etc.
You might wanna check out these cool plugins too
You definitely need an SEO plugin that will do all the difficult work for you at the backend of your site. Other people prefer Yoast. However, I prefer All In One because of its ease of use.
This is definitely important for shortening your affiliate links and making them a bit more attractive. Pretty Link allows you to customize your URL to your liking something that bit.ly and goo.gl don’t allow.
This is the easiest way to create a contact form where your visitors can contact you. It’s not as fancy but it works pretty well for most bloggers.
This plugin notifies your website visitors if their comments have been approved and sends them an Email when someone replies to their comments. This encourages more engagements for the content.
As an affiliate marketer you’ll probably create tons of reviews on your site and Schema allows you to add star ratings to your reviews. This improves your CTR rate and eventually your rankings on Google.
As you are well aware, Google is the biggest search engine and if you want a tsunami of organic traffic, you must be in the right terms with Google. First things first, to access Google Products, you need one Google Account. The following are the kickass Google Tools you need.
This allows you to keep track of all the useful info on your site such as your traffic, your best performing pages, visitor engagement etc.
Formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools. Search Console is a tool that allows Google to understand your site before ranking it. If you aren’t using search console, you are giving Google a hard time understanding your site. Search console does thing such as checking for errors on your site, crawl your site, submit sitemap etc
This is another way of earning passive income from your blog. People make serious money online by just placing ads on their site and when people click on the ads, they in turn make passive income. However if you have little traffic, you’ll have very minimal earnings on Adsense.
- Free Stock Images
For your site, always use free stock images to avoid copyright issues. Some of the sites you can get free images include:
Other sites include:
- Adobe Stock
Hello Canva! This is a free tool that you can use for graphics on your site. Almost all my graphics on this website are generated using canva. It’s really powerful and easy to use.
More than just a share button. SumoMe comes in handy. With SumoMe, you can design other cool features such as Welcome Mats and opt in forms. You can also integrate it with analytics
How many Million Ideas have you had since birth? A lot I guess, huh? How did they pan out? Introducing Clickfunnels. Check this unbiased Clickfunnels review. As an entrepreneur, you might feel overwhelmed or handcuffed. This is your ticket to solving the jigsaw puzzle and piecing everything together.
If you’ve been around the internet marketing block for a while, I’m sure you’ve heard of ClickFunnels. Does it help or is it just another overpriced overhyped IM product? Stick and find out.
That’s all for today. Stick around and find out as I update more on my review.
Thanks for checking out my resources page.