7 Steps To Get Your Website Included In Google Alerts
Are you interested some slight surge in your organic traffic? Say no more!
Behold Google Alerts!
One of the free methods to know the trending topics in your niche is activating Google Alerts. I was very curious to know how I can include my website in Google alerts and surge my organic traffic a bit. As usual, I will give you my butcher strategy for including your site in Google Alerts.
Follow these steps and you’ll be listed with Google Alerts.
- Post timely content. Your content shouldn’t be out of date
- Don’t post duplicate content
- You should have a contact form and easy to locate author bio. Preferrably after your posts
- You must have unique and permanent permalinks
- Your content must be easy to follow and readable
- Your pages must be in HTML
- Google must be able to crawl your site
You can know if your site is on Google Alerts by typing yourdomain.com in the search bar and clicking on the news tab.
If you aren’t included but are in adherence to all the guidelines above, submit your site to Google Publishing center and get yourself rolling.